Blunder Woman!
Have you ever watched Pogo? Ar! a majority of the programmes aired on this channel are for the wee-tots. But are they? If u're an astute observer, "The Wonder Woman" would have caught your attention.
In the first place, the imagination which created this superheroine probably did not have his/her heart in the right place (again, here if u have AOed, this heroine was created after Superman to defy all male-chauvinistic-pigs) Second, Wonder Woman is a misnomer. Armed with her "golden lasso of truth", gifted by Goddess Athena, this femme catches fleeing criminees by lasso-ing them. So a more apt name would have been "Lasso Lass" or "Cowgirl". Third, she can't fly. Period. (She can now, though. Marvel Comics or Warner Bros., I dunno who, decided to kindly modify the script)
I haven't had the patience to watch a full episode of this "rollickingly funny" series on TV but I did catch a few glimpses of it. I am a male, 18 years young. So, you can readily account for the first thought that entered into my head. Is this a program for kids? It is all well that Superman wears his underwear over his pants (excellent idea, aint it?) but Wonder Woman? She dons a tiara, golden bracelets, a skimpy tight dress which erm... sort of exaggerates her assets. I mean, its okay if kids see these things in comics and cartoons, but with real actors... tut-tut!!
Apart from the "Golden lasso of truth", she's got golden bracelets and matching super-quick reflexes to fend bullets if thugs decide to get nasty(too bad they didn't think of Matrix ishtyle dodging). But, the undoing of it all, her mode of transportation sucks! I don't know the exact details of Wonder Woman's origin but I guess she's one of the Amazons and thus MUST defy Newton's laws of Gravitation. If not a smooth take-off like Superman's, she could have atleast attached wing-thingamajigs to her hands and flapped them hard enough(she's bestowed with superhuman strength, isn't she?)
Hmmm... I've wandered from criticizing the series to criticizing the super-heroine herself. I'll stop it right now, and prevent people from calling me a male-chauvinistic pig ;) As for the title; its supposed to be a good-natured jibe against the programme on Pogo. Any reference to the actual super-heroine is purely coincidental.
For more constructive criticisms, I recommend
Mostly thoughtless to ur attention
P.S : My personal favorite "superhero" is Batman. Yup, he can't fly. He's a normal human being. But he's got enough brawn and oodles of brain to kick villains' butts. Not to forget his cool lair and zany gadgets and an excellent costume(obeying the "undies over pants" axiom of course). So, that's why I like him... Coz he's a superhero who can actually exist in reality. Eagerly awaitin Batman: The Beginning






<< Home