Wilkommen Wagens!
Today was probably the day I had the lengthiest breakfast ever. A session that lasted for over an hour, thanks to ET's (Economic Times) speciale` feature on cars.(Lucky i didnt read the supplement when I was drinking tea, it would have probably curdled before I'd drunk it). The German bigwigs of the car industry think the time is ripe to bring their petrol-guzzling monsters to India. Here's an account on the eye-catching feature....
While Mercedes-Benz has a strong hold in the luxury segment, the newcomers aren't soft-players either. Porsche is introducing 911 Carrera,Carrera S, Boxster and Cayenne Turbo for starters. Then there's the Audi. Ai Carramba! Audi TT is simply a beau-T. It apparently uses what Nokia calls 'Human Technology'. The article describes its 'Lush curves' and 'pert bum' and its stunningly seductive wooden interiors .... sigh! To top it all, Bentley's pitched in with the Continental GT which, from its price, one can surmise that it's strictly for the Kingpin class. It costs a whopping 1.59 crores!!!
Hmmm... such fancy cars.... but two need to play that game. You may have the car but can you drive it?? What about the Indian roads that lie beneath? The car would probably be reduced to scrap after a few kilometres of 'cruising'. Not only that, the cars need high octane fuel to keep 'em happy. The best way to feel the power of there cars is to take 'em on a long drive but it is advisable to have a Maruti Omni with barrels of the fuel tag along.... coz all gas-stations don't stock that fuel. Erm.. well that's all can be said to prevent jealousy .....
Owner's pride, neighbour's envy! These roadsters are more than plain cars. Some of them have in-built radar sensors which detect collisions and what's more, if you feel that you need to crash into a wall, well ... the seat belts tighten and airbags pop out from everywhere. The Audi's got the 'I-drive' system which can soften and harden suspensions at a button's touch. And the Porche Cayenne allows you change gears from buttons on the steering wheel...
Hmmm ...this blog must be boring for non-car enthusiasts. I'm not that much of a car enthu either but I just like to look at speedsters while safely sittin in my home.Abdul Kalaam adviced people to dream.... and here I am dreaming of having my own Audi (It'll probably never need a car-wash, coz its gonna be coated in drool, mind!) ... on the eve of my algorithms exam. It's a wrench to take my eyes off those superb cars, but right now I'll stick to driving and crashing cars in virtual environs thanx....






<< Home